Try these easy Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Tots for a low carb, veggie packed side dish! These crispy tots are keto-friendly and have just 6 net carbs for 9 tots!
What are Cauliflower Tots?
Cauliflower Tots are the low carb answer to tater tots! I know what you are thinking, there is no way that cauliflower can take the place of my beloved, crispy, crunchy tater tots! Well, as someone who doesn’t really love cauliflower I can tell you these little gems come pretty darn close!
Packed with crispy bacon, fresh green onions cheddar cheese and seasoned salt these are a game changer for your low carb dinners! Don’t forget the sugar free ketchup, you will thank me later!
Ingredients for Keto Cauliflower Tots:
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for this recipe. To get the complete, printable recipe just keep scrolling.
- Cauliflower: this recipe specifically uses two 12 ounce bags of frozen cauliflower for ease. However, if you prefer to use already riced cauliflower I’ve also provided those measurements below.
- Egg: a large egg is needed for this recipe.
- Shredded cheddar cheese: you can use another variety if you prefer.
- Pork Rind Panko: you can learn more about this here.
- Green Onions: chopped finely
- Bacon: cooked, crisp bacon. Good quality bacon bits would also work in this recipe.
- Seasoned salt: or your favorite all purpose seasoning.
How do you make Cauliflower Tots?
The first step is to steam the bags of cauliflower according to the package directions. Allow the package to cool enough that it is safe to handle. Pour the steamed cauliflower out onto a clean dish towel and ring as much water out as possible. Dry cauliflower will make crispy tots.
Place the dry, steamed cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it is in small pieces (see photo). If you find your cauliflower has a lot of moisture, place it back in the towel and ring out as much water as possible.
In a mixing bowl combine the dry cauliflower, egg, cheese, pork rind panko, green onions, bacon and seasoned salt. Use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture and form it into a tot. Place on a silicone lined baking sheet. This recipe makes 36 tots for me.
What temperature do I bake Cauliflower Tots?
These Keto Tots will be baked at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. They are done when the tots have slightly browned and have started to crisp.
Can I cook in the air fryer?
Yes, this recipe is air fryer friendly. Preheat the air fryer to 390 and then add the tots. Lightly spray the top of the tots with cooking spray. Cook for 4-5 minutes. This may require several batches depending on how big your air fryer is.
Can I use Riced Cauliflower?
Yes, if you don’t have a food processor or want to skip that step and just used riced cauliflower that will work. However, I do find that you get the most authentic “tot texture” if you start with cauliflower florets. When I made this recipe with riced cauliflower the cauliflower is so fine that the texture doesn’t resemble the course tater tot texture as well.
If you are using riced cauliflower just make sure after it has been steamed and drained it measures 2 cups of packed, dry cauliflower.
How many carbs are in Cauliflower Tots?
This recipe makes about 36 tots and generously serves four people. Each serving consists of nine bacon cheddar tots and has just 6 net carbs! You can find the complete nutritional information below the instructions in the recipe card.
Other Cauliflower Recipes
- Parmesan Crusted Cauliflower
- Shrimp and Keto “Grits”
- Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Tots (keto + low carb)
- 2 (12 ounce) bags frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 egg*
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup pork rind panko (regular panko if not keto)
- 1/4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Steam the bags of cauliflower according to the package directions. Allow the package to cool enough that it is safe to handle. Pour the steamed cauliflower out onto a clean dish towel and ring as much water out as possible. Dry cauliflower will make crispy tots.
- Place the dry, steamed cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it is in small pieces (see photo in post). If you find your cauliflower has a lot of moisture, place it back in the towel and ring out as much water as possible.
- In a mixing bowl combine the dry cauliflower, egg, cheese, pork rind panko, green onions, bacon and seasoned salt.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture and form it into a tot. Place on a silicone lined baking sheet. This recipe makes 36 tots for me.
- Lightly spray the top of the tots with cooking oil to help them crisp. Bake 20-25 minutes until they have begun to lightly brown and crisp.
Air fryer instructions provided in post.
Riced cauliflower verses cauliflower florets also provided in post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 9 Tots
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 14gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 975mgCarbohydrates: 9.6gNet Carbohydrates: 6.1gFiber: 3.5gSugar: 3.6gProtein: 15.9g
[…] enough for guests. This recipe makes 4 servings at just 2 net carbs each. Side dish recommendation: Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Tots – Easy to meal prep and makes 4 servings (9 tots) for 6.1 net […]
[…] Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Tots […]