This super easy low-carb side is loaded with all of your favorite flavors! The crispy bits of bacon and cheese pair perfectly with tender, keto-friendly cauliflower!
Cauliflower has begun getting a lot more attention lately, have you noticed? With the popular keto diet, people are turning to cauliflower to fill the potato-shaped void in their lives, maybe.
I’m certainly not complaining! I love my Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower, but I think this veggie really shines best when we pair it with simple ingredients that compliment its natural flavor and texture. So bring on the bacon, cheddar, and ranch!
Ingredients in Cheddar Bacon Ranch Roasted Cauliflower
The entire recipe and instructions are below, this is a quick overview of the items you will need to make this recipe:
- Ranch seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Cheddar Cheese
How to Make Crispy Roasted Cauliflower
This cauliflower will change the mind of even the biggest cauliflower hater! Just follow these tips for the best crunchy, cheesy roasted cauliflower!
- The Slice: It’s all in how you cut the cauliflower! I find that slicing the cauliflower into flat sections makes for a better roast cauliflower than simply breaking it up into florets. This way, the flat sides get super crispy as they cook – texture is key!
- Prep work: Be sure to line your pan with parchment paper to avoid sticking, and give the cauliflower a good head start before adding in the cheddar so the cheese doesn’t burn (do this only in the last 5-10 minutes or so).
Why should I eat cauliflower?
Cauliflower has many health benefits. It’s super satisfying and filling, yet naturally low in carbs and high in fiber.(around 5g of carbs per 100g serving). It has vitamins, minerals and is a good source of antioxidants. It is also super versatile, it is great roasted, mashed, and more!
How many carbs are in Roasted Cauliflower?
This recipe contains 6.3 grams of carbs and 2.1 grams of fiber, meaning it weighs in at about 4 net carbs in total per serving! Pair with a low carb protein like some of the recipes I suggested below and you have a well rounded, low carb meal!
What goes well with cauliflower?
Some of my favorite main dishes that pair well with cauliflower are these Steak Wraps. This recipe features flank steak wrapped around vegetables and pan seared. They are quick, easy and naturally low carb.
I also love this dish with Blackened Chicken. The smokey, spicy Blackened Chicken is perfect when paired with the cheesy, salty roasted cauliflower!
Other Vegetable Side Dishes
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon
- Lemon Butter Penne with Broccoli
- Broccoli Cheddar Bites
- 1 head cauliflower (about 4 cups), stems removed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Green onions for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the stems from the cauliflower and slice so you have as many flat edges as possible. Add the cauliflower to a mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil and ranch seasoning. Reserve the cheddar and bacon for later.
- Line a baking sheet with parchement paper and place the cauliflower in a single layer, do not over crowd your pan.
- Roast 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheddar and bacon.
- Roast an additional 5-10 minutes until it reaches your desired crispness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 15.6gCholesterol: 17.4mgSodium: 246mgCarbohydrates: 6.3gNet Carbohydrates: 4.2gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 2.2gProtein: 5.7g