These soft and chewy Lemon Cookies are full of sweet white chocolate chips and and roasted macadamia nuts! Each keto cookie contains less than 2 net carbs each!
You will love these soft, chewy lemon cookies that are dotted with white chocolate chips and roasted macadamia nuts! These delightful keto cookies are sugar free, gluten free and easy to make! This almond flour cookie base is made with just a few basic pantry staples any keto cook already has on hand.
The thing that makes these cookies have the perfect balance of sweet and tart is the use of fresh lemon juice and lemon zest. The combination of those two ingredients, paired with the white chocolate chips, makes these cookies the perfect bright, cheerful Spring treat!
Keto Cookie Ingredients
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our keto lemon cookies. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Butter: unsalted butter is used for this recipe
- Monkfruit sweetener: this is a keto friendly sweetener
- Lemon zest and Lemon juice
- Egg: size large egg, at room temperature
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour, Xanthan gum, and Salt
- Sugar Free White Chocolate Chips
- Macadamia Nuts
How do I make Keto Lemon Cookies?
These cookies are your basic sugar cookie that is made from creaming together butter and sugar substitute before adding the remaining ingredients. This is what creates that great soft, buttery texture signature to sugar cookies. To make these easy Lemon Cookies you will need to follow these steps:
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar substitute. Next add the lemon ingredients, egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, xanthan gum and salt. Carefully add the almond flour mixture to the butter mixture, while the mixer is running, until combined.
- Next, fold in the white chocolate chips and nuts. Chill the dough at least 1 hour.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto a silicone lined baking sheet, slightly flatted, and bake 15-18 minutes at 350 degrees F.
How to Store White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
To store these keto cookies, just place into a plastic or glass container with an airtight lid (or a plastic bag) and keep on the counter. Here’s a great tip- to keep your cookies soft, store them with a piece of sliced bread. The bread will absorb the moisture. These cookies will stay fresh for up to one week.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Lemon Cookies
- Use fresh lemon juice for the best flavor
- Use room temperature eggs
- Don’t skip refrigerating your dough for an hour! This step is critical for making sure the cookies don’t flatten out when they’re being baked
- Use almond flour in this recipe- I do not recommend using a different type of flour
More easy keto cookie recipes
- Orange Creamsicle Cookies (keto + low carb)
- The Best Keto Cookies
- Keto Cake Mix Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened but still cool
- 1/2 granulated monkfruit sweetener
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Lily's Sugar Free white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and monkfruit until creamy. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the lemon zest, juice, vanilla extract and egg on low until well combined.
- In a seperate bowl combine the almond flour, xanthan gum and salt.
- Turn the mixer back on and slowly add the flour until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Chill the dough at least one hour until the butter has completely hardened.
- When ready to bake preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop and place the dough balls onto a silicone lined baking sheet. Lightly press the cookie dough balls down with the flat side of a measuring cup.
- Bake the cookies 15-18 minutes until the have lightly browned and have set.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing from the baking sheet.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: Nutrition Calculated Per Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 7gCholesterol: 15.4mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 2.5gNet Carbohydrates: 1.7gFiber: 0.8gProtein: 1.9g