This delicious Cauliflower Risotto is made with parmesan, cream cheese and piled high with seasonings! This one pan meal is low carb, gluten free and ready in under 30 minutes!
This Cauliflower Rice Risotto is such a wonderful dish! Fresh riced cauliflower (or frozen) is combined with butter and a flavorful broth and wine mixture to create an immensely delicious mix. Add in two types of cheese and Italian seasoning, and you’ve got the perfect low carb meal! This Cauliflower Risotto also comes together very easily, using only one pan and it is ready in under 30 minutes! This healthy risotto is made without using heavy cream and is completely gluten free! For more great side recipes, check out this list of The Best Keto Thanksgiving Sides!
Healthy Risotto Ingredients
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Cauliflower Risotto. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Riced cauliflower- fresh is best in this recipe, but you can use frozen
- Garlic- minced
- Broth- bone, chicken, beef or vegetable all work fine
- White wine- dry
- Cream cheese
- Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Risotto with Cauliflower Rice
First, melt the butter (reserve one tablespoon) in a large deep skillet. Second, add the minced garlic and saute. Add the cauliflower rice and saute for an additional two minutes. Add your broth and bring to a simmer while stirring occasionally. When the liquid has reduced by half, add the wine. Allow the mixture to simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until almost all of the liquid has evaporated. Next, stir in the cream cheese, parmesan or Asiago, butter and spices. Stir until the butter and cheese have melted and you are ready to serve your healthy risotto!
Do you have to use wine in risotto?
Nope! Wine does add a depth of flavor, but if you prefer not to use it, simply add an additional 1/4 cup of broth.
Can I use frozen cauliflower rice to make risotto?
You can, but it will not yield the best results. Frozen cauliflower already has a lot of moisture, so the dish will take longer to cook. Frozen cauliflower is already so fine that once it has been cooked down, the texture will be more similar to grits instead of a rice based risotto.
What to serve with Cauliflower Rice Risotto?
I served this healthy risotto with Asian Salmon for our main dish and Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Bars for dessert. However, I also think that this dish would pair perfectly with Bacon Wrapped Scallops, Cast Iron Pork Chops or Lemon Parmesan Chicken. Complimentary sides would include Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts, White Bean Salad with Bacon or a Keto Bread Recipe!
Can you make cauliflower risotto ahead of time?
You sure can! This risotto will stay fresh in the fridge in an airtight container for up to four days, so you can prepare it ahead of time and serve when you’re ready.
More Cauliflower Recipes
- 10+ Keto Cauliflower Recipes
- Keto Mashed Cauliflower
- Loaded Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Casserole (keto + low carb)
- Keto Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole with Cauliflower Rice
- 4 heaping cups riced cauliflower (fresh is best, see notes below for frozen)
- 3 tablespoons butter (reserve 1 tblsp for the end)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup good quality broth (bone, chicken, vegetable all work)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a large, deep skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and saute until fragrant. Add the cauliflower and saute 2 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and bring the mixture to a simmer, uncovered, stir occasionally. When the liquid has reduced by half pour in the wine and allow the mixture to simmer until almost all of the liquid has evaporated. (This takes about 8-10 minutes)
- When most of the liquid is gone stir in the cream cheese, shredded cheese, butter and spices. Stir just until the cheeses and butter have melted. Serve immediately.
While frozen cauliflower will work in this recipe, it doesn't yield the best results. Frozen cauliflower rice will produce a lot more moisture, so this dish will take longer. Also, because it is already riced so finely, the texture will more closely resemble grits than rice based risotto.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 16.7gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 680mgCarbohydrates: 6.4gNet Carbohydrates: 4.3gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 2.6gProtein: 6.9g