This creamy One Pan Tuscan Chicken has a decadent cream wine sauce and is the perfect weeknight meal! Each serving of this creamy Tuscan Chicken has less than 3 net carbs making it a great keto-friendly dinner recipe!
One Pan Tuscan Chicken
Chicken is, undoubtedly, one of the best cuts of meat out there. It’s so easy to prepare and it can basically be put into anything under the sun. And the best part? You almost always have some on hand. So when I found myself with a hodge podge of ingredients and some spare chicken, I knew it was time to get creative!
We love our Keto Tuscan Chicken and Asparagus, but I didn’t have any asparagus around. To be perfectly honest, I also didn’t want to spend time cutting the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Instead, I just sliced each chicken breast in half (to be thinner so they’ll cook quicker), skipped the marinade, and focused on an easy, super flavorful sauce.
This Tuscan Chicken is SO delicious. The perfectly cooked chicken breast soaks up the great flavor that that amazing sauce. The sauce consists of cream, parmesan, sun dried tomatoes, white wine (or chicken broth) and Italian seasoning–it is just so wonderful. You’ll be eating it with a spoon!
Tuscan Chicken Ingredients
As always, here is a quick list of the ingredients used in our Tuscan Chicken. For the complete recipe, just keep scrolling.
- Butter: salted or unsalted butter works in this recipe.
- Chicken: thinly sliced chicken is preferred. So a large chicken breast should be sliced through to create two thinner breast.
- Garlic: freshly minced garlic.
- Sun dried tomatoes: chopped into bite sized pieces.
- White wine: you can substitute chicken broth if you prefer.
- Heavy cream: this is the base for the cream sauce.
- Parmesan: another cheese such asiago could be used.
- Spices: salt, pepper and Italian seasoning
How to Make Tuscan Chicken
This is a simple chicken recipe that features pan seared, seasoned chicken in a creamy sun dried tomato and garlic sauce. Truly, it is delicious!
- Season the chicken breast on each side. Sear the chicken on each side for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- In the same pan add the butter, garlic and sun dried tomatoes. Sauté until fragrant; it should resemble the photo below. Add the white wine and allow the sauce to reduce by half. Stir in the heavy cream, parmesan and spices.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and cover. Allow the chicken to simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken has reached at internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Sun Dried Tomatoes
For this recipe, I used bagged sun dried tomatoes. I have never seen these tomatoes bagged before, only jarred in oil, and I loved them! I am not usually a fan of the tomatoes in oil, so these were a pleasant surprise.
Can you make One Pan Chicken for Keto Meal Prep?
Absolutely! This Tuscan Chicken is perfect for meal prep. Simply prepare the chicken as directed and place into your meal prep container. This chicken will stay fresh for up to four days in the fridge. Because this sauce is made creamy with heavy cream, not cream cheese, it’s also freezer friendly!
After allowing the meal to cool completely, store in an airtight container (I prefer a freezer bag with as much air pressed out as possible) and freeze up to 3 months. It’s technically safe to eat beyond 3 months, but I find that cream sauces have the best taste and texture the less time they spend frozen.
For reheating instructions, keep scrolling!
How to Reheat Keto Italian Chicken
To reheat this one pan chicken, you can microwave individual portions for 30-second increments until warmed throughout. If your sauce has thickened too much for your liking, just add a touch of cream, milk, broth, or water and stir until it reaches your preferred consistency.
If you’ve made this dish in advance and want to reheat the entire skillet, this is best done in the oven or on the stovetop. Preheat the oven to 350, cover your skillet or baking dish, and allow it to warm for 10 minutes. Stir the sauce, flip the chicken, uncover, and allow it to warm another 5-10 minutes until it’s warm throughout.
If you prefer to heat on the stove, bring to a low simmer in a skillet. You can cover the skillet with a lid to prevent the sauce from thickening too much or simply add a splash of broth, cream, milk, or water.
If your Tuscan Chicken is frozen, allow it to thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating. The cream sauce might have separated in the freezer, but stirring a few times while it’s warming in the oven or on the stovetop will fix that problem quickly!
What to serve with Tuscan Chicken
I served this chicken with this Easy Wedge Salad to start. Then I knew we would need some bread, so I prepped these Keto Cheddar Garlic Biscuits ahead of time so I just had to pop them in the oven. My husband requested these Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars and I was more than happy to oblige! At the end of the meal, we were all very full but very satisfied!
More Easy Italian Dishes
- Cheesy Italian Sausage Soup (keto + low carb)
- Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Keto Chicken Picatta
More One Pan Chicken Recipes
- One Pan Keto Green Chili Chicken
- Keto Broccoli Cheddar Chicken
- One Pan Lemon Parmesan Chicken
- Sesame Chicken Keto Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1.5 pounds chicken (about 4 thin chicken breast)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine, or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- If you are using large chicken breast place them on a cutting board and slice though so you have two thinner breast instead of thick breast.
- Sprinkle each side of the chicken breast with the seasonings. Melt the 1 tablespoon butter on the stove top, in an oven proof skillet over the medium heat and sear the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the second tablespoon of butter to the skillet. Add the garlic, sun dried tomatoes and saute until fragrant (see image in post) Add the white wine (or chicken broth), scrape the pan well to deglaze and bring the wine to a simmer. Allow it to reduce by half.
- Stir in the heavy cream, and parmesan, stir until the cheese has melted completely and a creamy sauce forms.
- Place the chicken in the cream sauce. Cover and simmer over low 10-15 minutes until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 chicken breast + 1/3 cup sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 12.7gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 186mgCarbohydrates: 3.1gNet Carbohydrates: 2.7gFiber: 0.4gSugar: 1.9gProtein: 36g