This Easy Wedge Salad is the perfect keto side dish! Crisp lettuce is topped with creamy blue cheese dressing, crumbly bacon and diced tomatoes!
Easy Wedge Salad
This Wedge Salad is a classic dish for a reason. Fresh, crisp lettuce is topped with tangy blue cheese crumbles, salty bacon, sweet cherry tomatoes and sharp green onions, then the whole dish is finished with a creamy blue cheese dressing. The flavors of this easy salad recipe compliment each other perfectly and make for the most delicious keto side dish!
I love this keto salad because it is so refreshing. The elements of the iceberg lettuce combined with the blue cheese dressing results in a dish that is crunchy and cool in your mouth. It’s also a breeze to put together and is naturally low carb and gluten free! This dish is perfect for entertaining because it does look impressive on the table, but it’s easy enough for any weeknight!
Ingredients in Wedge Salad recipe
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Wedge Salad. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Iceberg lettuce- I cut mine into 4 wedges for large main-course salads. You could easily cut yours into 6 or 8 wedges if you prefer smaller salads.
- Bacon- cooked and chopped
- Blue cheese dressing and blue cheese crumbles
- Cherry tomatoes, green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
How do I make this keto salad?
You can enjoy this amazing wedge salad in only 2 easy steps!
- Discard the top layers of leaves on your lettuce and wash it. Cut your lettuce into four large wedges. If you prefer, you could also cut the lettuce into smaller portions for smaller side dish salads.
- Top your salad with blue cheese crumbles, tomatoes, bacon, green onions, salt, pepper and blue cheese dressing. Enjoy!
How to clean iceberg lettuce
To clean iceberg lettuce, discard the outer layers and then cut your lettuce in half. Rinse the lettuce and allow to air dry or drain onto a towel. I recommend chilling your lettuce (and even your plate!) before serving. The refreshingly cold bite is part of the classic wedge salad!
Is blue cheese dressing keto?
Yes, blue cheese dressing is usually keto! Just to be safe, though, I would recommend double checking the ingredients and carb count on the back of your bottle. Making your own blue cheese dressing would be a great way to ensure it fits your dietary needs, too!
What should I serve with this keto salad recipe?
Wedge salads are known for being a staple in any steakhouse, and for good reason! They just go perfectly together. Try Air Fryer Steak Tips for a super easy keto dinner that everyone in your house will love! Marinated Flank Steak is a great way to get a lot of flavor out of a relatively inexpensive cut of meat. If you don’t like steak, try Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast or a Thick Cut Pork Chop!
This is a large salad, so it could easily serve as your main dish. Pair it with this cheesy Tomato Galette or this super easy Marinated Shrimp! These Keto Three Cheese Biscuits are a great meal prep side dish, too. For a drink, we love adding a Keto Mint Julep (it’s actually ZERO carbs!)!
Wedge Salad Toppings
This recipe is for a more classic wedge salad, but there are so many great ways you could make this keto salad recipe your own!
- Protein- try a hard boiled egg, ham, chicken, shrimp or steak
- Cheese- parmesan, asiago, feta or gouda
- Veggies- grated carrots, red onion or sweet peppers
More keto salad recipes
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, outer edges removed and cut into 4 wedges
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash your chilled head of lettuce and discard the top layer of leaves. Cut the head into four large wedges. You can also cut the lettuce into smaller wedges for side dish size salads.
- Top with tomatoes, bacon, blue cheese dressing, green onions, blue cheese, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 wedge
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444Total Fat: 40.5gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 801.7mgCarbohydrates: 10.8gNet Carbohydrates: 7.8gFiber: 3gSugar: 7.1gProtein: 10.4g