This easy Grilled Shrimp Marinade requires just a few basic ingredients and creates the most flavorful grilled shrimp! Enjoy this Lemon Garlic Shrimp on its own, in wraps, salads and more!
Grilled Shrimp Marinade
We all need a few trusty recipes that can be thrown together in a pinch, this delicious shrimp marinade is definitely one of them! A handful of ingredients you probably often have on hand creates flavorful shrimp with notes of garlic and lemon!
Don’t worry, if you don’t want to grill your shrimp, this marinade works great for sautéed shrimp as well. You only need 5 minutes to make this delicious homemade marinade. I promise you, you won’t be disappointed in the results!
Ingredients in Grilled Shrimp Marinade
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients for this marinade. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page. In addition to shrimp of your choice, you will need:
- Olive oil, lemon juice
- Minced parsley, minced garlic
- Italian seasoning, salt, paprika and pepper
How to Make Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Just combine the olive oil, fresh lemon juice, minced parsley, garlic and spices in a jar. Secure the lid and shake well until the mixture is completely combined. You can store the marinade until ready to use, up to 3 days in advance.
When ready to use this marinade, pour 3/4 of it over thawed, uncooked shrimp and seal. Marinade the shrimp up to 30 minutes.
When ready to grill, heat your grill to medium heat (about 350 degrees F). Discard the used marinade, thread the shrimp onto skewers or place in a grill pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side until no longer pink. Brush the remaining marinade on the cooked shrimp for the best flavor!
How long do I marinate shrimp?
This is an acidic marinade because it contains lemon juice. You can marinade the shrimp for up to 30 minutes, but do not allow it to sit longer than that. If you marinate the shrimp too long in an acidic mixture, it will compromise the texture of the protein.
Do I have to use a grill?
No, this recipe will also work for marinated and sautéed shrimp. Simply discard the marinade and heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil and sauté 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through and no longer pink.
What to I serve with Lemon Garlic Shrimp?
I’m a sucker for these Keto Red Lobster Copycat Biscuits but these Keto Three Cheese Biscuits are a close second! Another great appetizer idea are these Marinated Mozzarella Balls or Grilled Portobello Mushrooms. For sides, try this Simple Arugula Salad with Parmesan, Air Fryer Broccoli or Crispy Keto Fries. For dessert, Lemon Cookies, Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts or Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls are all favorites!
More Easy Seafood Recipes
- 1 pound shrimp, shells removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients and set aside.
- Place the shrimp in a ziplock bag and pour 3/4 of the marinade over the shrimp. Allow the shrimp to marinade while the grill is preheating.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers (discard any marinade left in bag) or place shrimp in a grill basket.
- Grill over medium heat (about 350 degrees F) 2-3 minutes on each side, or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Brush the remaining marinade on the shrimp in the last minute of cooking and garnish with feta cheese and lemon wedges if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 pound of shrimp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 11.2gCholesterol: 182mgSodium: 426mgCarbohydrates: 0.9gNet Carbohydrates: 0.7gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 0.2gProtein: 22g