Potato Skins with Buffalo Chicken are a delicious, hearty dinner! Crispy potato skins are loaded with creamy buffalo chicken and topped with melty cheese!
Potato Skins with Buffalo Chicken
You will love these Potato Skins with Buffalo Chicken! Roasted potato skins are stuffed with a creamy Ranch Buffalo Chicken and topped with cheese! These Potato Skins are a filling, satisfying and ultra comforting meal. Everyone in your house is going to love these potatoes, and you’ll love how easy they are!
Some of my favorite things about this potato recipe is that it’s inexpensive, easy to prep in advance and stores and reheats very well. That means this is a great idea for an easy weeknight dinner or to make for your work lunches for the week. This is a kid-friendly dinner that you will make again and again!
Ingredients in this Potato Skins recipe
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Buffalo Chicken Potatoes. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Russet potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper
- Shredded chicken, cream cheese, Ranch seasoning, buffalo sauce
- Green onions, cheddar cheese
How to make Potato Skins
You can have these easy stuffed potatoes on the table in just a few simple steps!
- Bake whole potatoes for 50 minutes, flipping after 30 minutes. Allow to cool and scoop out the inside of the potatoes, leaving about 1/4 inch of the inside of the potato around the skin.
- Brush the inside and outside of the potatoes with olive oil and add salt and pepper. Put back in the oven and bake for 14 minutes, flipping halfway. Remove from the oven.
- Combine the chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, green onions and cheese. Add the mixture to the hollowed potatoes. Top with more cheddar.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
How to Store and Reheat
You can store these potatoes in a few different ways. You can put in a plastic or glass container with an airtight lid and keep in the fridge, or you can also wrap each potato individually in aluminum foil. These potatoes will stay fresh for up to four days. If wrapped in foil, you can reheat by just popping into the oven! You can also warm in the microwave or Air Fryer.
Tips for the Best Stuffed Potatoes
- Be sure to leave at least 1/4 of an inch of potato around the skin- otherwise, your filling will seep into the skin and the potatoes won’t get as crispy
- You can really cut down on the cooking time by preparing these potatoes in your Air Fryer! Follow this recipe for Air Fryer Baked Potatoes and prepare your stuffed potatoes as described in the directions. Cook for 5 minutes at 400 degrees, or until your cheese is melted.
- Don’t skip the step of adding the olive oil to the inside and outside of the potato- it’ll get the skin super crispy!
- Use the inside of the baked potatoes to make Mashed Potatoes!
Can I make these Roasted Russet Potatoes in advance?
Yes, you can! You can roast your potatoes in advance and prepare your chicken filling and store separately, or you can also just completely prepare the potatoes. Store and reheat as described above.
What should I serve with Stuffed Potatoes?
Try Jalapeno Cornbread, Cucumber Salad or Crispy Zucchini Chips as great side dish options here! You could also try Air Fryer Zucchini with Feta, Air Fryer Asparagus or Stuffed Mushrooms. For dessert, try Pumpkin Spiced Apples or Carrot Cake Bars!
More easy dinner ideas
- Blackened Chicken with Brussels Sprouts Skillet
- Chicken Gnocchi with Mushrooms
- Creamy Tomato Soup with Sausage and Spinach
- Crock Pot Ribs
- 5 russet potatoes
- Olive oil for brushing
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F. Place the clean, whole potatoes in a wire rack lined baking sheet. Bake the potatoes 30 minutes, flip and bake an additional 20 minutes or until the potato is fork tender.
- Allow the potatoes to cool enough to handle. Slice the potatoes lengthwise and scoop out the inside of the potatoes leaving 1/4 inch potato around the skin.
- Brush the interior and exterior of the potato skins lightly with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the potato skins back in the oven and bake for 7 minutes, flip and bake an additional 7 minutes. This helps the potato skins get ultra crispy. Remove from the oven.
- In a mixing bowl combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, ranch, buffalo sauce, green onions and half the cheese.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in each potato skin. Top with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Use the discarded part of the potatoes to make mashed potatoes or potato fritters.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: Nutrition calculated per potato skin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 12.8gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 8.4gNet Carbohydrates: 7.8gFiber: 0.6gSugar: 0.9gProtein: 14g