Try this easy Cranberry Orange Smoothie loaded with 70% of your daily amount of Vitamin C, 11 grams of protein and only 190 calories! This immune boosting smoothie is the perfect healthy breakfast recipe!
This quick and easy smoothie, loaded with frozen cranberries and oranges is jam-packed with goodness, including immunity boosting Vitamin C.
With protein-rich Greek yogurt, milk and orange juice, this super-satisfying blend will keep you fuller for longer, making it the perfect convenient option for breakfast or meal prep.
What’s more, smoothies can easily be adapted to cater to your unique tastes! Maybe you’d like to throw in some bananas? Go for it! Or perhaps you fancy an extra kick of protein? Simply add a scoop of protein powder.
Ingredients Needed for Cranberry Orange Smoothie
- Orange slices
- Greek yogurt
- Orange juice
- Sweetener, such as honey, maple syrup or monkfruit for a low carb option
Can you put cranberries in a smoothie?
Of course you can! Not only are frozen cranberries easy to store without wastage, but they are perfectly suited to smoothies. You can freeze fresh cranberries for storage if you prefer, but many grocery stores carry convenient bags of pre-frozen cranberries, too.
In fact, grocery stores often stock a whole range of frozen berries, so feel free to add any extras you like! Blueberries and raspberries are equally great options if you fancy mixing your recipe up a little.
Are cranberries good for you?
Cranberries are the perfect combination of tasty and healthy. Some of the many health benefits of cranberries include their high nutritional value and antioxidant content. On top of this, these gorgeous berries are both low in sugar and packed with fiber.
Are smoothies good for meal prep?
Smoothies are perfectly suited to meal prep, and can be whipped up extra-fast by creating ‘smoothie packs’. All you need to do is split your cranberries and prepare your oranges (and any other fruit you’d like to add) into single portion sizes before freezing them all together in one bag.
Stick them in the freezer and there you have it – an instant smoothie, whenever you please! Simply take out your pre-cut and measured fruit and blend it up with the yogurt, milk, juice and sweetener.
Other Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- If you love a sweet treat to get you out of bed in the morning, these Keto Strawberry Shortcake Waffles may be just the ticket!
- Or if you prefer something warm and hearty, this Easy Keto Breakfast Casserole is perfect for the whole family.
- For an extra kick of protein to start your day, try some Flourless Peanut Butter Protein Waffles.
- Ideal for cold winter mornings, why not treat yourself to some Keto Pumpkin Muffins?
- More of a savoury breakfast person? Rustle up this Quick and Easy Breakfast Burrito!
Other Smoothie Recipes
- Who said healthy green smoothies had to be tasteless? Get your greens in whilst enjoying a sweet and fruity flavor with a Mango and Peach Green Smoothie.
- There’s no denying that oatmeal is a breakfast essential, so why not switch things up and make a sweet and creamy Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie?
- This delightful Grapefruit Ginger Detox Smoothie is the perfect way to reset your body and start your day with a nutritional boost!
- 1 cup frozen whole cranberries
- 1/2 cup frozen orange slices
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons sweetener (honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, or monkfruit for low carb)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
You can customize this drink based on your personal preferences, cranberries and oranges can be quite tart so add the sweetener and vanilla according to your liking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 (calculated with Monkfruit as the sweetener) Serving Size: 1 glass
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 3.9gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 78.7mgCarbohydrates: 27gNet Carbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 11g