This easy Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate is silky smooth and full of rich, chocolate flavor! This effortless recipe makes holiday entertaining a breeze!
Treat your guests to the best and rustle up some smooth and chocolatey hot cocoa for your holiday gatherings this year. A cosy hot cocoa buffet is the perfect, unique addition to any Christmas party.
Alternatively, simply treat yourself or the family to a cozy night in with this extra luxurious beverage, ideal for warming up in front of a board game on a cold winter’s evening. In fact, at this time of year, there’s never a wrong opportunity for a nourishing mug of hot cocoa.
Ingredients in Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- Heavy cream
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract
Will the milk curdle in Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate?
No! Because the heat is kept at such a low temperature, you needn’t worry about a curdling catastrophe. The temperature is low enough it isn’t actually cooking anything, it is just warm enough to melt the chocolate and heat the milk to a nice, cozy temperature. Just be sure to stir your hot cocoa occasionally to achieve that gorgeous silky-smooth texture.
What are some hot chocolate toppings?
Opt for the classic hot chocolate toppings with whipped cream and marshmallows, or why not try something new?
Crushed candy and peppermint are great ideas if you’re after a twist on this traditional Christmas drink, or for extra holiday vibes, why not sprinkle on some cinnamon or candied ginger?
If you’re a coffee lover, you can also add a shot or two of espresso for the ultimate festivity-friendly pick-me-up!
How do you make a Hot Cocoa Bar?
A hot cocoa bar is a great creative idea if you’re planning on entertaining over the Christmas period. Even better, it’s really easy to set up – simply display your toppings of choice in cute festive bowls, and allow your guests to build their ideal hot cocoa treat.
Other Slow Cooker Recipes
Do you love your slow cooker as much as I love mine? This nifty piece of kit is super versatile and truly can lend its hand to pretty much anything! If you’re in need of some slow cooker inspo, here are some of my favorite recipes.
- Chicken and chili are two of the most well-loved ingredients out there, so why not combine them with this gorgeous Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili?
- Ideal for those extra crisp winter’s nights, this Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup is the perfect keto winter warmer (keto + low carb).
- If someone asked you to think up the ultimate comfort food dishes, I can guarantee chili would be high up on that list! Tuck into this Keto Chili when you’re in need of a little TLC.
- This Keto Slow Cooker Zesty Ranch Chicken is the perfect meal-prep friendly dinner for those busy weeknights.
- This versatile and beautifully flavorful Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup can be made with or without the slow cooker!
- For all the recipes you could ever need, check out this list of 40+ Easy Weeknight Crockpot Meals!
Other Holiday Drink Recipes
- Peppermint Mocha Hot Cocoa
- Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Strawberry Pineapple Punch
- Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
- Cranberry Orange Smoothie
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips or Lily's Sugar Free if low carb
- 1/2 cup granular sugar or monkfruit if low carb
- 2 ounces unsweetened Bakers chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 cups milk or almond milk if low carb
- Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker, set the temperature to low and cover.
- Allow the mixture to warm for about 1 hour, wisking every 20 minutes.
- Serve when the mixture is warmed through.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 ounces (calculated with low carb options)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 17.5gCholesterol: 17.1mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 16.9gNet Carbohydrates: 7.6gFiber: 9.6gProtein: 4.2g