Elevate the look of your holiday table setting with these DIY Birch Place Card Holders!
If you’ve hosted a big holiday dinner, you know how much work is involved. While the task might seem daunting to some, others find pulling off a beautiful spread incredibly satisfying. I happen to be one of the later. Food is my love language and there is no better way to show friends and family I appreciate them than a big dinner party!
I love putting together beautiful plates, centerpieces, and amazing recipes. Every good hostess knows it is all about the details. These DIY Birch Place Card Holders may seem like a small touch, but they add a fun, rustic flair to your spread!
Materials Needed for DIY Birch Place Card Holders
- Tree branch: I used birch because I like the texture it provides, but any variety will work. Consider the width and coloring when you choose your branch. Pick a branch that has the look you are hoping to achieve.
- Saw: Table saw or jig saw
How do you make place card holders?
- Begin by choosing the height you would like your place cards to be. If you would like a slim design opt for a short place card of about 1 inch. Alternatively, if you like a larger profile go with a bigger height.
- Cut the branch according to the height you chose.
- If needed, lightly sand each piece to achieve your desired look.
- Place a shallow cut, about 1/8 of an inch, on the top of the holder to securely hold your place card.
Other Ways to Use Place Cards
While place cards are traditionally used to assign each person to their seat, that is not the only way to use them! If you are hosting a more casual event where you do not need to assign anyone to a specific sit, you can use these place cards to organize the food.
Simply create cards with the name of each dish you are serving, and use the place cards to let your guests know what you are serving. This is especially helpful when serving a buffet style dinner.
Other Easy DIY Projects
You do not have to spend a lot of time or money to beautiful decor! I have several step by step tutorials for projects that are easy enough for beginners. These DIY Plant Pedestals are an easy woodworking project that also makes a great gift! Some other easy projects include: