This DIY Christmas candle set is the perfect Christmas decoration for a coffee table or your front porch! This easy rustic wood Christmas candle set can be a great customizable, inexpensive DIY gift.
Today I’m sharing a tutorial you will want to make over and over. This simple DIY Christmas candle set is perfect for adding holiday cheer anywhere you can imagine. These rustic Christmas candles make a great gift that the family can spend time creating–Jump-start the holiday spirit with very little effort!
With just a few materials and tools you can create a farmhouse-style candle set that looks great on coffee tables, end tables, and window seals. It’s a thoughtful gift that could be displayed on the porch or in an outdoor setting, too!
Materials Needed for a DIY Candle Set
- 1 x scrap lumber or pallet wood
- Jig Saw, Miter Saw, Circular Saw, or hand saw
- Wood clamps
- Finishing Nails and screws
- Optional: Wax, paint, or stain
We are making three different candle sets during this tutorial, choose one of them or make all three. These candle sets were made using scrap and pallet wood.
How do you make a Christmas candle set using pallet wood?
Pallet wood was used to make this set of Holiday candles, the width is 3 1/2″ wide and the stands are 3 1/2″ by 4″. Notice that the set of red Holiday candles has had wax added to add some texture and the flames on the two sets have been painted differently, one set of flames is yellow over white and the other is yellow over orange.
How do you make a Christmas candle set using scrap wood?
The Farmhouse candle set was made of scrap wood that is 1 1/2″ wide and the stands are 3 1/2″ by 4 1/2″ the candle is fastened with a screw instead of finishing nails. The flames on the Farmhouse candle sets have been painted differently, one set of flames is yellow over white and the other is yellow over orange.
How do you make a Christmas candle set of round candles using scrap wood?
The Rustic Christmas candle set was made using a 1 1/4″ hole saw bit and a piece of 2 x scrap, the individual pieces were glued and threaded on a 1/4″ dowl that was cut 1/2″ shorter than the stack of holes measured. Once the candles were assembled wood clamps were used to compress the stack to insure each piece is securely glued and made a good candle.
The stand for this candle set is made using pallet wood that is 1/2″ x 3.5″ x 16″ with dowel pieces used to secure each candle to the stand. We also added wax to these Rustic candle sets. Once finished, paint as you’d like!
More Christmas DIY Projects
- DIY Tree Branch Reindeer
- DIY Pallet Christmas Trees (2 trees from 1 pallet!)
- How to Build a Wooden Star of Any Size
- DIY Pallet Gingerbread Man
- DIY Wooden Snowman
Other Easy DIY Gifts
You do not have to spend a lot of time or money on beautiful décor! I have several step-by-step tutorials for projects that are easy enough for beginners. These DIY Plant Pedestals are an easy woodworking project that also makes a great gift! Some other easy projects include:
- DIY Grow Frame – Perfect for plant lovers and people whose homes could use a little extra light. If they don’t do plants, it’s cool — Just add in a fake plant, then your friend will look like a master gardener!
- DIY Shadow Box – Excellent for people who are newly married, parents, or graduated! Sentimental people, scrapbookers, and some artsy types would love this.
- DIY Wooden Tray – Beloved by people who host company often or loves adding more décor. You can even personalize it for the giftee with a word, quote, or monogram.
- How to Build a Wooden Caddy – Great for entertainers! It can hold flowers, tools, and picnic essentials. Perfect for holding utensils and napkins when you’re eating out on the porch, too!
Want more? Here’s a great list of the BEST DIY Gifts!