These Bacon Breakfast Tacos are simple, delicious, and super filling! Crunchy bacon, fluffy eggs, and creamy avocado make the best breakfast recipe.
Tacos aren’t just for dinner anymore! These Bacon Breakfast Tacos bring the delicious excitement of tacos to the early hours when we need it most. This recipe makes 8 tacos, and you can easily freeze anything you’re not ready to eat!
Stuffing a tortilla with breakfast staples is not only incredibly easy, it’s super convenient. The whole family can make their tacos exactly the way they like them, then each person can just pull out what they need when they want. It becomes a grab-and-go breakfast that everyone will love.
Ingredients for Bacon Breakfast Tacos
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll need. For exact measurements, keep scrolling down to the printable recipe carb below!
- Tortillas – You can use corn, flour, gluten free or low carb tortillas in this recipe. The nutritional information below the recipe reflects a low carb tortilla for keto-friendly options.
- Large Eggs – I used whole eggs. If you prefer using egg whites only, substitute each egg with 2 egg whites.
- Crumbled Bacon – Freshly cooked and crumbled bacon tastes best, but you can use store-bought bacon bits if that works better for you.
- Shredded Cheddar – Other cheeses like pepper jack, colby, swiss, and gouda would also be fantastic in these tacos. Use a mix of cheeses if you’d like!
- Toppings – For this recipe I love the combination of avocado, green onion and jalapeño, but you can use your favorite ingredients such as sour cream and salsa if you prefer.
How to make breakfast tacos with bacon
There are a few steps to these tacos, but you can easily set this meal up so everyone can assemble their own tacos! To make this easy breakfast recipe you simply need to follow this guide:
- Bacon: Cook the bacon until crispy and roughly chop. This is an easy step to do the night before if you want to make breakfast come together quickly.
- Scramble: Scramble the eggs. I prefer fresh eggs, but it is safe to reheat eggs, so this step can actually be done the night before as well if you prefer.
- Assemble: Warm the tortillas if you wish, fill with warm sausage, eggs, cheese and veggies!
You’ll love these bacon tacos with the PERFECT Cheesy Grits! Adding some Keto Cinnamon Rolls can give you a little sweet treat to start your day, too. Wash it all down with a Citrus Vanilla Smoothie or an Almond Butter Frappuccino.
The freshest way to store these tacos is by keeping ingredients separated in the fridge in airtight containers. However, if you prefer to have these ready to pull out of the fridge at any point, you can assemble them
Easy breakfast tacos can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container. For the freshest tortillas, do not assemble them ahead of time — Instead, store your tortillas separately.
We love a good freezer recipe! These breakfast tacos can be frozen with a few alterations. All of the taco’s ingredients are easily freezable EXCEPT avocado. Previously-frozen avocados end up quite mushy and slimy instead of creamy. So instead, you can freeze these without the avocado.
After assembling the tacos, line them up flat on a baking sheet without the tacos touching one another. Freeze them for 1-2 hours, then you can move them from the baking sheet to a freezer bag. If you intend to keep these frozen for more than a couple weeks, you may want to wrap the tacos (either individually or in packs of 2-3) in a double layer of plastic wrap before tossing into the freezer bag.
Thaw and use the tacos within 2-3 months to keep the best texture and flavor. You can thaw these individually in the microwave, but you’ll get the best tacos if you allow it to thaw slowly in the fridge overnight.
These tacos can be reheated in several ways, depending on what’s most important to you.
- Microwave – Heat in 45-second bursts on 50-75% power. This can be done whether they are already thawed or are still frozen. To prevent a soggy tortilla, add a paper towel underneath and on top of the tacos. Best for 1 serving at a time.
- Air Fryer – Preheat to 325, then place 1-4 tacos (wrapped in aluminum foil) in the air fryer. Heat for 4-8 minutes, opening the foil in the last minute or two to help crisp up the tortilla. Best for 1-3 servings at a time.
- Oven – Preheat to 350, then place foil-wrapped tacos in the oven on a baking sheet. Heat for 5-10 minutes, opening the foil near the end so any soggy tortilla spots can crisp up. Best for 3+ servings at a time.
If you like these bacon breakfast tacos, you’ll love these recipes:
- Bacon Keto Biscuits – Perfect for a grab-and-go handheld breakfast! Freezable, gluten-free, and keto.
- Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches – Check out 5 delicious sandwiches, all gluten-free and low carb!
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Rolls – Gluten-free and keto-friendly dough is made for these kid-friendly breakfasts!
- Eggs in Air Fryer – SO easy, and it’s convenient to cook just one serving instead of spending time on multiple portions!
- Breakfast Chaffle Bowls – Super cute, low carb, and piled full of eggs, ham, and cheese!
FAQ’s about Breakfast Tacos
Yes, you can! Wrap them up and eat within 3 days. You could also freeze up to 3 months (see instructions in post). Please note that the avocado should be left off when making ahead of time. Avocado will turn brown and, if frozen, will become slimy and mushy.
Yes, you can replace each whole egg with 2 egg whites. Commercial egg substitutes that can be scrambled should also work in this recipe.
Bacon Breakfast Tacos
These Bacon Breakfast Tacos are simple, delicious, and super filling! Crunchy bacon, fluffy eggs, and creamy avocado make the BEST breakfast recipe.
- 8 street taco size tortillas - can be low carb, gluten free, etc.
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped bacon - about 6 slices
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 whole avocado
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno
- Cook the bacon until crisp, chop and set aside.
- Scramble the eggs.
- Warm the tortillas if you wish and fill with the bacon, eggs, cheese, avocado, green onions and jalalpenos.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 tacos (nutrition calculated with Carb Balance Street Taco Tortillas
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 20gCholesterol: 203.4mgSodium: 553mgCarbohydrates: 24.2gNet Carbohydrates: 4.7gFiber: 19.5gSugar: 0.7gProtein: 20.9g