This Keto Chicken Skillet is the perfect weeknight meal and ready in 30 minutes! This juicy one-pan chicken dinner paired with a bacon cream sauce has only 3 net carbs per serving!
I’m a huge fan of chicken recipes with a creamy sauce of some kind. Whether it’s this Lemon Parmesan Chicken or this easy Pesto Chicken, I’ve found it’s the easiest way to turn a boneless, skinless chicken breast into a juicy, tender, flavor-packed meal worthy of company!
This keto chicken dinner starts by searing the chicken to get a delicious seasoned exterior, then the chicken bakes in a delicious, flavorful sauce packed with shallots and bacon. This makes sure that the chicken stays juicy and doesn’t dry out while also infusing more flavor straight into the meat. It also means you have fewer dishes to worry about, so it’s a win all around!
This keto chicken dinner is meal-prep friendly and naturally gluten-free and low carb. Leftovers are a breeze to reheat, making it perfect for lunch leftovers, too! Even better, the sauce is wonderful drizzled over roasted vegetables or sopped up with a keto-friendly bread (like this Rosemary Garlic Keto Dinner Roll)!
Ingredients for Keto Chicken with Cream Sauce:
This is a quick overview of what you’ll need for this easy one pan keto chicken. For specific measurements and instructions, keep scrolling to the printable recipe card.
- Chicken: I used boneless, skinless breasts.
- Spices: salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder
- Shallots and Garlic
- White wine or chicken broth
- Heavy Cream
- Bacon: Cooked and crumbled
How do I make One Pan Chicken with Bacon Cream Sauce?
- Season and Sear the Chicken: Sprinkle seasonings on each side of the chicken, sear on each side until golden brown.
- Cook the Bacon: brown the bacon until crispy, drain off the grease, except 1 tablespoon.
- Make the Sauce: saute the garlic and shallot in the bacon grease. Add the white wine, cream and parmesan. When the sauce is smooth and creamy add the bacon to the sauce.
- Bake: Place the chicken in the cream sauce. Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
What should I serve with Keto Chicken and Bacon Cream Sauce?
- Roasted Vegetables – Brussels sprouts, radishes, or broccoli would all be delicious with a drizzle of this sauce!
- Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower would soak up the sauce and complement the chicken beautifully! If you’re not worried about carbs, these Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes would also be delicious.
- Keto-friendly bread like these Bacon Cheddar Chive Biscuits or Three Cheese Biscuits would be a great way to sop up the extra sauce!
- Cheddar Ranch Au Gratin Potatoes are a great comfort food!
Is this a good keto meal prep idea?
Yes, this dish can easily be meal prepped to help your evenings go smoothly! You can cook this dish up to 3 days before serving, then put it back in a skillet, cover it, and bake it on 350 degrees until the chicken is warmed throughout and the sauce is bubbling. I would save the bacon until just before serving so it stays nice and crispy.
Alternatively, you could put this cooked dish in a slow cooker on low until the chicken is warmed through the center. You can also microwave to reheat, but I prefer to only use 50% power to make sure the microwave doesn’t overcook the chicken.
You can freeze this dish up to 3-4 months, but cream sauce can sometimes separate during freezing. If you choose to freeze it, allow it to cool completely, spoon into a freezer bag (without the bacon), and then freeze. To reheat, allow it to thaw overnight in the fridge, then heat a skillet with butter on the stove on medium. Pour in your thawed dinner, stir, and add bacon. You may need to add an additional pat of butter to help the sauce come back to its creamy, silky self!
Tips and Tricks for the BEST Chicken Skillet with Cream Sauce:
- Avoid chicken cuts with skin. Because the chicken bakes in the cream sauce, the skin just gets soggy and acts as a barrier between the meat and the delicious sauce. It’s best to remove any skin from your chicken, no matter which cut you choose.
- If you use a different chicken cut, use a meat thermometer to determine when it is finished cooking. Chicken tenders will likely cook quicker while bone-in cuts will probably take a bit longer.
More Keto One-Pan Dinners:
One-pan meals can be such a life changer! You don’t have to worry about tons of dishes, and these are usually pretty quick to come together, too. Here are some of my favorite one pan meals for a weeknight:
- Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas – 4.4 net carbs per serving
- One Pan Lasagna Skillet – 5 net carbs per serving
- One Pan Pork Chops with Cream Sauce – 4 net carbs per serving
- 50+ One Pan Keto Meals – Tons of delicious ideas; Perfect to bookmark or pin for the future!
- 1 pound chicken breast (4 thin breast)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the Bacon Cream Sauce
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3/4 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle each side of the chicken breast with the seasonings.
- Melt the butter in an oven proof skillet over the medium heat and sear the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the uncooked, chopped bacon to the skillet and brown until crisp. Remove the bacon and set aside, drain off all of the bacon grease EXCEPT one tablespoon.
- Add the minced garlic and shallot to the grease. Sauté until fragrant. Add the white wine (or chicken broth), scrape the pan well to deglaze and bring the wine to a simmer. Allow it to reduce for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream, and parmesan, stir until the cheese has melted completely and a creamy parmesan sauce forms. Add the cooked bacon to the sauce.
- Place the chicken in the cream sauce. Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Garnish with fresh parmesan and parsley.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 chicken breast + sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 22.8gCholesterol: 128mgSodium: 510mgCarbohydrates: 3.2gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 1gProtein: 32.6g