This Keto Zucchini Bread is going to become one of your favorites! This low carb bread is made with sugar free chocolate chips and coconut flour and is under 4 net carbs!
Keto Zucchini Bread
Zucchini bread is a classic quick bread recipe that is a summer staple. Zucchini bread is usually done two ways, the first version features shredded zucchini, vanilla and cinnamon. This style of zucchini bread is always moist and delicious. The second features cocoa powder and rich chocolate chips, today I am sharing the later with you.
This sugar free bread is made with coconut flour. Coconut flour is a miracle when it comes to cooking with zucchini, because it absorbs extra moisture the zucchini releases. This bread has a perfect texture, and is completely gluten free and keto-friendly.
Ingredients in Chocolate Zucchini Bread
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our low carb zucchini bread. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Coconut flour, Monkfruit sweetener, Cocoa, Baking powder, and Salt
- Shredded Zucchini: shred the zucchini and place in a tea towel. Ring as much moisture out as possible before using.
- Eggs, Butter, Vanilla extract
- Lily’s sugar free semisweet chocolate chips– whole or chopped
How to make Keto Bread
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Next, line a 9 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set to the side. Combine your coconut flour, monkfruit, cocoa, baking powder, salt and zucchini in a mixing bowl. Stir in the beaten eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
Fold in half of the chocolate chips and spread your batter into your lined loaf pan. Top with the remaining chocolate chips and bake for 45 minutes.
How do I know when zucchini bread is done?
To check if your zucchini bread is ready, place a toothpick into the bread. If it comes out clean, it’s done. If not, bake an additional 5-10 minutes. If you’re worried about the top of your bread getting too brown, simply cover with aluminum foil.
Do I have to use coconut flour?
Yes, I do not recommend making any substitutions to this recipe. The shredded zucchini will provide a lot of moisture, and coconut flour is very absorbent, so it will soak up all of that moisture. This gives the bread a delicious chewy crumb and the brownie like texture!
Tips for the best Zucchini Bread
- You don’t need to peel the zucchini! You’ll get a lot of nutrients from this part of the vegetable.
- Don’t forget to place the shredded zucchini in a tea towel and ring out the extra moisture before adding to the mixture.
- I just used a regular grater to shred my zucchini and it was very quick, however a food processor will also work well.
- Don’t forget to line your pan so your bread releases easily.
What is keto bread?
Keto bread is a type of bread that replaces traditional flour for a lower carb version. This can include coconut flour, almond flour or other types of low carb flours. If the recipe is for a sweet bread, the usual sweeteners (white sugar, chocolate, brown sugar, etc.) will also be replaced with a sugar substitute, like monkfruit or stevia. For more keto breads, check out this list of 30+ Keto Bread Recipes!
How to store Zucchini Bread
To store this keto zucchini bread, keep on a plate on the counter and cover loosely with aluminum foil or plastic wrap. This bread will stay fresh for up to four days.
More keto bread recipes
- Keto Three Cheese Basil Biscuits
- Keto Cheesy Zucchini Breadsticks
- Rosemary Garlic Keto Dinner Rolls
- Keto Sausage Cheddar Biscuits
More keto dessert recipes
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup granular monkfruit sweetener
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed shredded zucchini*
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Lily’s sugar free semisweet chocolate chips, whole or chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the coconut flour, sweetener, cocoa, baking powder, salt and zucchini.
- Stir in the beaten eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract until well combined. The batter will be thick. Fold in half of the chocolate chips and spread the batter into the loaf pan. Top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake 45 minutes. To see if your bread is done, place a toothpick down into the loaf. If it comes out clean, it's done. If not, bake an additional 5-10 minutes. If you feel your loaf is getting too brown loosely cover with foil.
*Place the shredded zucchini in a tea towel and ring out as much moisture as you can before using.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 13.5gCholesterol: 61.6mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 3.8gFiber: 5.2gSugar: 0.6gProtein: 3.2g