This easy Burrito Bowl will be a hit with your entire family! This kid-friendly recipe comes together super quickly and is perfect for meal prep!
Chicken Burrito Bowl
This Chicken Burrito Bowl is a fantastic healthy dinner recipe! Fajita chicken is paired with cilantro lime rice, black beans, roasted corn and sweet bell peppers! By marinating the chicken beforehand, you’re giving it a huge flavor boost. I love this Burrito Bowl all mixed together or you could also enjoy in your favorite tortilla.
This Chicken Burrito Bowl recipe is full of protein, so it will keep you full and going. This easy chicken recipe is great for meal prepping- make on a Sunday and enjoy for the rest of the week! This dinner is also very kid-friendly- everyone at your table is going to be asking for seconds!
Ingredients for a Burrito Bowl
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our healthy Burrito Bowl. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Chicken- cut into bite size pieces
- Bell peppers, red onion, Olive oil, lime juice
- Cilantro Lime Rice- to lower the carbs, try this Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Spices- minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper
- Black beans and fire roasted corn
How do I make this healthy Power Bowl?
This easy chicken recipe comes together in 3 simple steps!
- Prepare your marinade by combining the oil, lime juice, garlic, red onion and spices. Pour 3/4 over the chicken and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours. In a warmed skillet, add oil and cook for the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.
- Add the peppers and toss with the remaining marinade. Cook for 3 minutes or until the peppers are soft. **You can also prepare the chicken and peppers all at once with these Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas.
- To make your burrito bowls, combine your rice (or Cauliflower Rice), corn, black beans, chicken and peppers.
Tips for the Best Chicken and Rice
- Save yourself some time and cook your chicken and veggies simultaneously! Sheet Pan Fajitas make this a breeze.
- Don’t skip the marinating. It adds so much flavor to your chicken!
- I try to watch my carbs, so this Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice is a delicious way to cut out a portion
- If you wanted some additional flavor, try these Seasoned Black Beans
Tex Mex Toppings
There are so many great toppings you can add to this healthy burrito bowl! A few of my favorites are this Chuy’s Jalapeno Ranch, Smoked Queso or Zesty Slaw. Some more yummy toppings are homemade enchilada sauce guacamole, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, pico de gallo, green onions, shredded lettuce or cilantro!
Is this recipe good for chicken meal prep?
This healthy Burrito Bowl is perfect for meal prep! Prepare your chicken bowl ahead of time and portion out into your favorite meal prep containers. You’ll have a fantastic lunch that is full of flavor and protein all week long!
How to Store and Reheat
To store this chicken and rice bowl, pop your leftovers into an airtight container and keep in the fridge. This chicken bowl will keep fresh for up to five days. I do recommend storing your toppings separately. To warm, microwave in 30 second increments until it is hot enough for you.
More easy Chicken Recipes
- Broccoli Chicken Casserole (keto + low carb)
- Honey Mustard Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken
- Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 cups bell peppers, sliced (mixed colors)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons red onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce can) fire roasted corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce can) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (5.5 ounce box) cilantro lime rice, cooked according to directions
- Combine the oil, lime juice, garlic, red onion, and spices. Pour 3/4 of the marinade over the chicken and marinate at least 30 minutes, or up to several hours.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add just enough oil to cover the bottom of the skillet. Add the chicken and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until browned and cook through. Add the bell peppers to the skillet with the chicken and toss with the remaining marinade. Cook about 3 more minutes until the peppers are tender. Remove from heat and set aside. You can also prepare this as Sheet Pan Fajita Chicken.
- To assemble the bowls add: 1/2 cup cooked rice, 1/3 cup corn, 1/3 cup black beans, 2/3 cup chicken, and 1/2 cup fajita peppers. Top with sour cream, salsa and guacamole if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 Bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 10gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 471mgCarbohydrates: 39gNet Carbohydrates: 32gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 28g