This Sugar Free Lemonade is the perfect summer drink recipe! Add cucumber and mint for a super refreshing, low-calorie, low-carb, keto-friendly drink!
Sugar Free Lemonade
This Sugar Free Lemonade is sure to be the hit of the summer! You won’t believe this lemonade is only 7 calories and 2 net carbs. Made with only three ingredients, this keto drink is low carb, low calorie and unbelievably delicious. To make this a keto cocktail, just add your favorite liquor!
This keto lemonade is so refreshing. Made with a sugar free simple syrup, your guests will never believe this drink is low carb. You can even make this lemonade ahead of time, making it perfect for entertaining. This drink is perfect for grilling out, poolside, 4th of July parties or brunch!
To make this recipe more exciting, try adding in fruit! I added cucumber and mint to mine- it made the lemonade less tart and added a more complex flavor. Try blueberries, blackberries or strawberries for a fun combination. I like this pitcher for infusing my drinks.
Sugar Free Lemonade Ingredients
All you need for this drink is THREE ingredients! For the amounts, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Sugar Free Simple Syrup- all you’ll need for this is liquid monkfruit and water
- Lemon juice
- Optional: cucumber slices, mint leaves or fruit
Is Lemonade Keto?
Regular lemonade is not keto. Traditionally, lemonade is made with sugar, which is very high in carbs. That’s why I made this with a keto simple syrup using liquid monkfruit. Monkfruit is very sweet, much sweeter than sugar, so you need a very small amount. By eliminating the sugar, this drink is only 7 calories and 2 net carbs!
Another great benefit to using this liquid monkfruit: If you take a sip and realize it’s not as sweet as you would prefer, you can add 1/4 teaspoon of monk fruit at a time to the pitcher! If you and your guests have different preferences, you could even add a few drops to a glass so everyone’s happy!
Can you make this lemonade ahead of time?
Yes you can! This lemonade will stay fresh in the fridge for 7-8 days. Any fruits, vegetables or herbs left in the lemonade will grow stronger the longer they sit, so remove once the flavor is to your preference.
For example, I made a pitcher for myself to last all week long. I removed the cucumbers and mint leaves after 24 hours because I absolutely LOVED the flavor and didn’t want it to get any stronger. The taste is very faint at first but grows with time.
Possible Lemonade Flavors
A great flavor is blueberry — for a non-keto version, try this Blueberry Lemonade. For the addition of herbs, try basil, mint, or even rosemary for a more earthy flavor. For a delicate flavor, try rosewater. More delicious combinations are strawberry, pineapple or watermelon!
How to make spiked lemonade
To make this an adult beverage, just add 1-2 ounces per serving, depending on how strong you would like it to be. Vodka, light rum, bourbon, moonshine, or gin would all work well in this recipe.
What to serve with Sugar Free Lemonade
Of course, anything on the grill! Try one of these 30+ Low Carb Cookout Recipes for great ideas. Another favorite is this One Pan Tuscan Chicken– this chicken is super juicy and flavorful! For a super easy dinner, try these Air Fryer Chicken Legs!
More Sugar Free Drink Recipes
Sugar Free Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon liquid monk fruit sweetener
Sugar Free Lemonade:
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar free simple syrup
- 6-8 cups water and/or ice
- Optional: cucumber slices, mint leaves, fruit
- Make your sugar free simple syrup by mixing 1 cup of water with 1 tablespoon liquid monk fruit sweetener.
- Mix your simple syrup with 1 cup lemon juice and 6-8 cups of water (amount depends on your taste preference). I used 6 cups of water and 2 cups of ice.
- Optional: Add slices of cucumber and mint leaves, stir, then allow lemonade to sit for at least 1 hour. This gives the lemonade a refreshing, more-complex flavor. You could add strawberries, basil, blackberries, or another favorite flavor addition instead.
- I used NOW Foods Liquid Monk Fruit Sweetener. If using a different brand, I recommend starting with 1/2 tablespoon and adding to your preference. Different brands may have different sweetness levels.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 12 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 7Total Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 20.8mgCarbohydrates: 2.3gNet Carbohydrates: 2.0gFiber: 0.3gSugar: 0.6gProtein: 0.2g