This one pan Steak and Cheese Skillet makes 6 generous servings for about 3 net carbs each!
Ready for an easy, cheesy low carb dinner? I’ve got you covered! This one pan dish is loaded with flavorful steak, tender peppers and onions and thick slices of provolone cheese! This is naturally low carb and keto-friendly, but is also great stuffed in a warm buttered hoagie bun if you aren’t watching your carbs!
In addition to being super easy this is a great meal prep recipe because it reheats perfectly! This really hits the spot for our family on busy nights! We’ve enjoyed this in low carb tortillas, in lettuce wraps, or with a side of Crispy Zucchini Fries! No matter how you serve it, even your pickiest eaters will love this dish!
Ingredients for Steak and Cheese Skillet
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for this easy steak recipe. You will find the complete recipe and instructions for this recipe below, just keep scrolling.
- Butter: I use salted butter for this recipe, but unsalted will also work.
- Shaved Beef: If your grocery doesn’t carry package shaved beef just visit the deli counter, they can easily do this for you.
- Steak Marinade: such as Allegro or Dales. If following a low carb diet just make sure this fits within your carbs.
- Vegetables: onion, bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Provolone Cheese Slices
How do you make Keto Steak?
You can make this simple, keto-friendly beef recipe in just three simple steps!
- Begin by melting the butter in a hot skillet. Add the onions, peppers and mushrooms. Sauté 3-4 minutes, until tender.
- Push the tender vegetables to the side (or remove from the skillet and set aside, if your skillet is not big enough) and add the shaved beef to the hot, greased skillet. Using tongs, with the steak marinade sauté the beef and vegetables another 4-5 minutes until the beef is cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cheese slices to the skillet and remove from heat.
Can you meal prep steak?
Yes, this dish can be made ahead of time and stored in an air tight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. A great way to meal prep this for easy low carb lunches is to grab your favorite lunch containers, divide this up, add lettuce and a little something sweet. Voila! You have Steak and cheese lettuce wraps and a dessert for the week with minimal effort!
What to serve with a low carb steak dinner?
- The Best Low Carb Cheese Bread
- Keto Red Lobster Biscuits
- Broccoli Cheese Bites
- Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower
Other Steak Recipes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 16 ounces shaved beef
- 2 tablespoons steak marinade
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Melt the butter in a hot skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, peppers and mushrooms. Sauté 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Push the vegetables to the side (or remove from the skillet and set aside if your skillet is not big enough) and add the shaved beef to the hot, greased skillet. Using tongs, with the steak marinade sauté the beef and vegetables another 4-5 minutes until the beef is cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cheese slices to the skillet and remove from heat. Allow the dish to sit a few minutes as the cheese melts.
Serving Size:About 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 11.4gCholesterol: 68.4mgSodium: 220mgCarbohydrates: 5.4gNet Carbohydrates: 3.4gFiber: 2gSugar Alcohols: 2.6gProtein: 22g