These low carb Almond Butter Brownies are grain, gluten and refined sugar free! Loaded with almond butter and dark chocolate these fudgy brownies are irresistible!
Okay friends, I don’t want to overstate it, but I think today’s recipe is kind of life changing! Brownies are my weakness, I simply cannot resist them! These Almond Butter Brownies are ooey, gooey, super chocolatey and simply perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth! They also happen to be gluten and refined sugar free. These low carb delights fit within a keto diet, which nobody would ever guess!
You also don’t need any special equipment to make these brownies. This is a quick one bowl recipe. Just measure, mix, spread, bake and try not to devour them all in one sitting!
Ingredients for Low Carb Brownies
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll need to make this tasty dessert! Keep scrolling down to the recipe card for specific measurements and instructions.
- Almond flour
- Baking powder and Salt
- Cocoa powder
- Granular monkfruit sweetener
- Almond butter
- Lily’s dark chocolate chips (These are keto-friendly, but you’re welcome to use another sugar-free brand)
How do I make Almond Butter Bars?
This recipe isn’t complicated at all! First off, you’ll combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and sweetener). Once mixed, add the almond butter, melted butter, and beaten eggs.
The mixture should be very thick. At this point, fold in your chocolate chips and get them well-incorporated into the batter. Then, spread the batter into a lined 8×8 pan and bake 20-22 minutes at 350 degrees F!
Tips for the Best Keto Brownies
- Line your pan: this ensures an easy clean up and makes removing and slicing a breeze.
- Do not use a larger pan! This recipe is configured for an 8×8 pan, a larger pan will result in thin, overcooked brownies.
- Use a good quality cocoa powder for the best chocolate flavor.
- Do not overbake. Remember to remove your brownies from the oven when they are slightly undercooked. They will continue to cook in the hot pan when you remove them from the oven. You want perfectly gooey, fudgy brownies.
Can I meal prep a keto dessert?
Yes, these bars can be made in advance, making them perfect for meal prepping! You could store them in the fridge for a week, or you could freeze them individually to keep them longer.
If you are freezing, I recommend double-wrapping each individually bar in plastic, then storing in a freezer bag or other air-tight container. Allow bars to thaw overnight in the fridge or on the counter (or lunchbox) for a few hours.
Other Low Carb Desserts:
Don’t let your sweet tooth get you off track! Prepare these simple desserts ahead of time so you can answer your cravings with a low-carb, satisfying treat. Here are some of my favorites:
- Peanut Butter Fudge – 2 net carbs, 3 ingredients, AND this fudge can be frozen for 3 months! Excellent meal prepping choice (and SO delicious)!
- Cookie Dough Bites – These are about 1 net carb a piece and can also be kept in the fridge or freezer for long-term planning!
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fat Bombs – So, so decadent! These are under 1 net carb each and are the perfect cool treat after a pool day!
- Cheesecake Strawberries – These are the cutest desserts for a brunch or shower! Even better, you can enjoy 4 stuffed strawberries and only add 5 net carbs!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granular monkfruit sweetener
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Lily's dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a mixing bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and monkfruit.
- Stir in the almond butter, melted butter and beaten eggs until smooth. The mixture will be thick.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place lightly greased parchment paper in an 8x8 baking pan and spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake 20-22 minutes. Allow the bars to cool completely before slicing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 Bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 20gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 14.5gNet Carbohydrates: 7.4gFiber: 7.4gSugar: 0.6gProtein: 6g